Steamed Asian Style Abalone
- 4x Abalone (shucked and cleaned)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Sambel oelek (chilli paste)
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Coriander to garnish
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 30
- Cook: 60
These strong but subtle Asian flavours add spice but not too much to overwhelm the subtle flavour of abalone.
- Slice and pound the abalone, place on a rack over boiling water and steam for 50 – 60 minutes.
- In a wok or frypan, melt the butter and stir in and heat through all the ingredients except the coriander.
- Add the steamed abalone and toss through the sauce.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.