- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15
- Cook: -3
If you must cook your oysters, here is a good way to do it. As with Oysters Kilpatrick, it is vital that you don't overcook them so they retain something of their just from the sea flavour. If you are cooking the because you don't like the taste maybe try something else. The bit about them being an aphrodisiac
- Remove oysters from the shell and place onto a plate
- Wipe out the shell of the oysters and place onto a serving plate
- Place flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowel and make a well in the centre.
- Gradually add and mix in the mineral water to form a batter
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or heavy based wok or frying pan to 180 degrees c or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.
- When the oil is hot, coat the oysters in the batter and allow the excess to drain before placing into the hot oil.
- Cook the oysters in 3 batches for an optimum crisp result . cook for 2 minutes or until golden . drain in paper towel
- Place the oysters (cooked) back in the original shells and serve immediately with lemon or lime wedges – Goes well with a glass of beer or six (but anything does really)